Five Cutting Edge Venues For Live Music in Berlin
1. Sameheads | NeuköllnTucked away off Karl-Marx-Straße in Neukölln, Sameheads is decorated and furnished in a way that is guaranteed to make you look twice.
Home to a fashion shop by day, it hosts unforgettable events at night. Their program ranges from documentary screenings to live music and parties celebrating unconventional electronic music. Be on the lookout for the Andras & Oscar concert happening there in September! We also have to mention that Sameheads scores bonus points for its amazingly quirky and retro-futuristic website.
2. Chesters Club | KreuzbergChesters is where some of the first Janus parties took place—the last one was hosted at Berghain, mind you—which is definitely proof of the daring and uncompromising quality of their programming choices. Their sound system was made to celebrate bass and to put it back on its pedestal, which makes it the perfect place to enjoy both future-oriented trap music and tightly-calibrated hiphop.
Past events include Night Slugs parties and The Sound of Tomorrow by the oh-so-cool creative minds behind Soulection.
3. Privatclub | KreuzbergLocated in a former post office on Skalitzer Straße, Privatclub looks more polished than many of its Kreuzkölln counterparts. However, do not be fooled by appearances, because this place will serve you the hottest acts in town.
Make this place a must-visit if guitars rock your world, and expect a blend of everything indie. Concerts are held almost daily, and they have soul and 90s hip hop parties on weekends.
4. loophole | NeuköllnLoophole is dedicated to celebrating the weird and wonderful. They were the ones to host the closing party of sex-positive collective COVEN BERLIN’s “I’D RATHER BE A GODDESS THAN A CYBORG” festival, which is a good indicator of their curation policy. Live music is played every Thursday, with acts ranging from quirky pop to the strangest experimental sounds. Give loophole a try if you’re down for a true underground experience, and get ready to have your mind blown.
5. Acud Macht Neu | MitteAcud Macht Neu is the place to go when you want to forget about the Berlin weather and enjoy sunny music from Latin America and other dreamingly exotic regions. They place the emphasis on celebrating all cultures and their open-mindedness is a refreshing blessing. The space also includes a theater, a gallery, two cinemas and a club, all of which provide high-quality events. Pay these obstinate culture-defenders a visit if you haven’t already!
By Berlin Disaster